Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Illustration Portfolio


Watercolor is not my strength but I tried hard. Some of them were ok some were eww baddd. My problem is I dont know how much water to use or how long to wait for the colors to dry. But i think i kinda get it after doing like hundred water colors lol



NOKIA turned out 80 -90 % look like the real picture. I am happy since I didnt even know how to use watercolor so I was scared to start and didnt know what to do first. Mostly it was wet on dry technique. The buttons took quite long. I feel a little bit more comfortable with water color after this project.



The 3 images is the other creepy one that i did. Ppl was like what the hell but anyways, i like the pig head, it looks so happy. I was pissed that I had to redid it but the 2nd one looked better :) Dont know bout getting faster at the 2nd time though. I used pick out and put in color and I did have fun to create the bloody background :p My problem is I always stucked with one area and couldnt move on until Rusty or other said so lol So i need to work on that.




Farted PIn-up girl, when it came to illustrate the sound i didnt know what to chose because it seemed like all the sound ppl already picked. I decided to chose the sound that no one wants to hear - FART SOUND :p And it was more funny if it came out from a sexy girl, that's y i chose a pin up girl. Pin-up usually dont feel embarrassed they just did thing wrong and always had the innocent face saying that they dont know what they do. That is thason my girl face was not too embarrassing. I chose blue for background since blue is innocent and relaxing color and then the fart is going to destroy the atmosphere. I had trouble with painting her skin to be smooth. After starting over 3 time, it finally came together ok.


Stretchiest skin is CREEPYYYY but it is cool looking :) I spent a lot of time working on the hand and face area and it was good :) I had trouble with the lips and teeth so ppl don't think it is his tongue since I didnt use any photo reference for that part. Lesson learn always USE PHOTO REFERENCE because it suck when i draw from my imagination :p I get more comfortable with GOUACHE and pick out technique.



Book cover is ok since I could use the same one as in VC 2 so it was much easier. Coloring part was not too difficult since I knew what I wanted to do. The pen turned out good and I was surprised because i am usually not good at using pen.



Cheesy project is not too bad. I actually like air brush except the cutting and covering part. It was annoying since my piece had a lot of details but it turned out like the original picture. Thing I learned BE PATIENT :)


I actually like Illustration except the 1st part of semester was not so much fun since we had to do a lot and I was lost. And (ILLUSTRATION + VICOM 2) x RUSTY = NIGHTMARE lol I think if i dont have VC 2 i can spend more time on my projects but it sometimes helps VC 2. OVerall, PRACTICE makes perfect. I get a lot better in gouache as well as water color now teehee

No comments:

Post a Comment