Tuesday, December 15, 2009

final VISCOM porrtfolio


the poster promotes Native American Heritage Month. Totem pole recounts familiar legends, clan lineages, or notable events. i wanted to go away from the traditional Totem Pole design which look sometimes too scary to make it more cute. although the graphic does not have the similar look with Native American style, i added patterns and their costume so people can still recognize.



Rapala- fishing, quite boring topic for me since I am not a big fan of fishing. I decided to make it clean and simple, big picture and bright color to attract readers.


I put the fruits and veggies together to create a smiley veggie face. I wanted to say that sometimes food looks good and fresh but actually it has a lot of bacterias. I learned how to deal with negative space in this article since there is not much text.



Society of Illustration is quite a pain since I had to deal with different panels and had to make sure that they are in right direction. I had the concept but it was to difficult to rephrase it in the short and catchy statement. Also it needs to be connected thought out the piece. People didnt really get the concept at first so oops excuse my English since it didnt make any sense :p I think I always tried to put too much so I need to simplify stuffs sometimes :p And printing cost ughhh and the paper in printing services is not good. So i need to aware of those facts to happen.



Butterfky project. When I had to chose 1 image i think is good, i didnt know what to chose so I went for my favortie thing - BUTTERFLY teehee. The photo itself is pretty but to came up with the ad and other was a challenge. I learned how to munipilate the photo in different situation in this project.



RED BARNNNNNN i think the whole class hate it. I did too but it turned out quite well since I worked over the break :p The concept was there but the work was not. I started over with the inspiration and tutorial online. The brochure is the most tricky one because i didnt know what to do with the inside to mkae it not boring and it has a lot of information too so I didnt want to have the graphics to take over all that information. It took forever to go in and change color of each tile. I got to chose which paper I need to print stuffs on and it was quite fun to see how it turned out different in each type of paper. Time estimate is my problem. I didnt it took that long sooooo anyway I stayed up all nite and being death the next morning to get this project done. happy that everybody liked it.




This is one of my favourite project. Again i created more work for myself by doing that pop- up thingie but it looks good so im happy teehee. The illustrations were not too bad to do neither, I really enjoyed doing the project with the cutting and construction stuffs. I printed the pop wrong size so i should have made a better mock- up. And no sleep again.


MY FAVORITE PROJECT, i had so much fun to create those cute things :D and again create more works for myself by building 6 cartoon box. I had to figure how to put liquid in. At 1st i was going to use contact paper but it was safer if i put water in the ziploc bag and put it inside. I had trouble with the carrier becasue I tried to match the triangle hole with the boxes and it turned out not even 2 sides but it still looks ok. I didnt have much trouble on this project since I enjoy doing it.



OVERALL, VISCOM 2 is the PAIN IN THE ASS. It is so much work and a night mare but return i learned qutie a lot. I need to manage my time better and work faster i guess I tried tho. The first half semester I thought I wan goin to die since I HATE POSTERS AND SPREADS, dont know what to do when there is a lot of text. Toward the end I feel better with 3 D projects :) Anyways, Rusty is good at creating nightmare for students lol but thanks for your help through out the semester :)

No comments:

Post a Comment